Commissioned Art is original art that I create to your specifications in the event that you cannot find exactly what you need on my website and if you prefer original art over prints. I do this work for private clients, corporate clients and art consultants.
Please keep in mind that the price for a custom made painting will be a little higher than the prices you see here on my web site. It all depends on the size and any special requests you may have. Please read through my simple instructions on how to get a work of art made just for you. If you feel you are ready, please CONTACT ME and I can happily send you an estimate. If you would prefer to speak over the phone, please e-mail me with your phone number and I will call you. I am so excited to hear from you!
Designers and Art Consultants: I am happy to work with you too! Please CONTACT ME for details.
How to get your Commissioned Painting Created:
1. Pick the spot you would like your painting to hang.
2. Measure the size you would like your painting to be in that space.
3. Look through my art and pick a few (at least three, at most six) of your favorite paintings. Write down the titles of the paintings you like.
3. Tell me what you liked about these paintings, so I make sure and include the elements you are drawn to i.e. color, texture, design element, meaning.
4. Tell me about your color palette preference. (list the colors you like best in my paintings or in general, you can even send me pictures or give me color swatches/paint chips to match your decor)
5. Once you have shared all the details of your project with me, I will provide a quote for the painting(s) and I will get a quote on shipping costs if needed. (We can do this through e-mail, or we can discuss the details over the phone; your preference, unless I feel I need more information to create your piece of art.)
6. I will provide a timeline and estimated date of completion.
7. If you decide to have me create your commissioned piece, I will require a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total price plus shipping and sales tax (if applicable) at the beginning of the project and the balance plus shipping and sales tax will be due at the end of the project upon approval by you. (I will provide a digital photo through e-mail.) The painting(s) will be shipped after the balance is paid in full.
8. Ultimately, I want you to be happy with your painting(s). I love to make paintings, so I am already winning, but I want you to know that I will do everything in my power to create something beautiful that you can love in your home for years to come. Thank you for considering giving me the opportunity to make a piece of art for you.
This is a 40"x60" painting inspired by Daylilies that I created for the 3rd Floor of the new St. Louis University Hospital Thank you to PS Art Consultants for the amazing opportunity.
This is a 40"x60" painting inspired by Roses that I created for the 5th Floor of the new St. Louis University Hospital Thank you to PS Art Consultants for the amazing opportunity.
This is a triptych that I created for a private client's home. I called it "Peeking Through" because my customer mentioned that she loves how the color peeks through in all of my paintings and she also requested that there be an implied sun peeking though the clouds of this abstracted landscape composition.
Please CONTACT ME when you are ready to discuss your next project, whether it is for you or for your client!